Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Doorbell Scare

It was a dark and stormy night (really), and me and Anderson were watching TV at around 5:40 P.M. Mom was running late and Dad was due to be back anytime. We heard the doorbell ring...surely it was Mom. We checked and nobody was there. Odd. Maybe Mom was wanting to get in the back door. After all, it was raining. But then again, it wasn't raining too hard. So I went to get the back door. When I was halfway there, the doorbell rang again, this time with a rhythm: A ring, a small space, a double ring. We heard footsteps. A few seconds later, ring, small space, double ring. More footsteps. What the? Anderson went and hid behind our currently unornamented Christmas Tree. More footsteps, more ringing. Barely peaking my head into the Dining Room, I told Anderson as quietly as possible, "Get down, come on through, grab the phone, and stay low." Anderson got to the phone, stood up and grabbed it, then ran the rest of the Dining Room to me in the Kitchen. Not the smartest thing to do having considered our situation, but hey, anything works if you can stay alive right? Anyhow, we got behind the washer and Anderson called Dad. We moved through the hallway, into our room, and upstairs. Dad must have picked up then because here is what I heard. "Hey Dad, um, somebody keeps on ringing the doorbell. I couldn't see anybody, but, uh.....yeah, we're hiding upstairs. I'm a little, uh, scared." After Anderson got off the phone, he said Dad was gonna get here ASAP and not to worry. So we sat around....I layed on the bed up there. Best bed in the world. Anyhow.....the door opened. Crap! We hear a voice. It's Mom. "Guys?" Mom comes upstairs.

Behind the scenes............

Mom has gone to the store after work to make this awesome cheese dip. She gets home. Normally she would just run in and have Tyler and Anderson help her. But this time she rings the doorbell, drops off the bags, and goes to get another load. Tyler and Anderson will realize it's her and bring the bags in, right? She comes back up and the door isn't open. She rings the doorbell multiple times now, to get our attention. She goes back to the car. On her third trip she saw Anderson peaking out from the curtains. She waves but he doesn't acknowledge her. She does this again and again. She finally comes in and carries the bags in. No trace of Tyler and Anderson. Odd. She searches the house. The door to Tyler and Anderson's bedroom is closed. She checks. Nobody is in the room, but the lights are on. She goes upstairs. "Guys?"

What a relief when we found out it was just her...............

Oh yeah, I was seriously gonna call the cops, but Anderson got Dad instead. Glad I didn't........

NOTE: This IS a true story. Ask my MOM Ask my DAD. Ask ANDERSON. Ask ME even.

The excitement never ends at Robinson Street. If you don't know what I mean, got to my Dad's blog (link on sidebar), and check out about the AK-47 incident, or the "Carrot Kelly" account.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

spooooooky........but funny, ha ha.